Tandem: A Tale of Shadows redefines the puzzle platformer genre with a unique gameplay and exceptional aesthetics. The game follows headstrong 10-year old Emma, and a mysterious teddy bear named Fenton as they attempt to solve the mystery disappearance of a famous magician's son, Thomas Kane. Explore the deserted Kane mansion and use light and shadow to guide Emma and an intrigued teddy bear to help find Thomas Kane.
With more than 40 puzzles, you will face a variety of obstacles that stand in your way. Emma and Fenton must join forces using their unique abilities. They will need to rely on each other to solve investigations, they are both the problem and the solution! With dozens of mechanics, enjoy a great variation of the gameplay mixing puzzles and platform fun action sequences during 48 levels.
Controlling two characters, each with their own personality and characteristics, players will have to alternate between two characters: Emma and Fenton in two dimensions (top down and side scroller). Use light and shadows to solve puzzles in this beautifully accurate Victorian era setting!
Tandem consists of 5 different breath-taking worlds, which offers between 9 and 11 levels. Within the old 19th Victorian manor, Emma and Fenton will explore and progress through 5 dazzling and creepy worlds/ Each new universe has it's own set of unique challenges, and is guarded by an ominous final boss level. In each world, there are 3 or 4 secret rooms, with each environment offering rich, varied and detailed worlds.
- Stunning Art Direction: The game's art direction plays with the importance of light and shadows, provoking the wonder of childhood. The graphic style is entirely made in 3D, which provides a visual richness to the game.
- Puzzle Platformer Game: Solve over forty puzzles and obstacles in order to unravel the mystery disappearance of Thomas Kane. Discover playful and frightening worlds inspired by Tim Burton and Victorian era architecture.
- Dual Gameplay: Swap perspectives between Emma and teddy bear, Fenton. Using their unique abilities and perspectives, switch from a top-down view controlled by Emma, and a side-scroller view played by Fenton.
- Narrative-Driven Adventure: Explore five different breath-taking universes with 18 secret rooms for players to discover and 12+ hours of gameplay. Players are invited to discover creative and elaborate cutscenes.
- Diverse Mechanics: Push or pull objects to create shadows. Use alarms and traps to your advantage. Tandem features a variety of interactive elements for players to experiment with.