Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition will include everything from the original release of Street Fighter V, along with the addition of brand new gameplay-related content including Arcade Mode, Extra Battle Mode, Gallery, New V-Triggers, a completely redesigned User Interface and more. Current Street Fighter V players will also receive all of this new content for free via an in-game update when Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition releases.
Current players of Street Fighter V and future owners of Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition will be placed into the same player pool, with PS4 and PC cross-platform play continuing to unite fans into a unified player base. The initial Street Fighter V purchase is still the only one that consumers need to make to ensure they always have the most up-to-date version of the title. All of the post launch gameplay content, such as the DLC characters in Street Fighter V, is earnable completely free of charge through completing various in-game challenges and receiving earned in-game currency, called Fight Money. For those who just can't wait to unlock each piece of new content, content can also be obtained instantly using purchased in-game currency.
- In addition to the main game, the following content will be included
- Arcade Mode - choose from six different paths themed after classic Street Fighter games
- Gallery - unlock hundreds of illustrations as you play through Arcade Mode
- Extra Battle - complete timed challenges to obtain exclusive costumes throughout 2018
- New V-Triggers each character will have two V-Triggers, adding even more depth to the combat system
- New Visuals - the user interface is being redesigned with new colour schemes, revised menus and exciting pre-and-post-fight effects
- New Challengers - The original roster of 16 fighters is joined by 12 new challengers from Season 1 and 2