Powered by Football™, EA SPORTS™ FIFA 22 brings the game even closer to the real thing with fundamental gameplay advances and a new season of innovation across every mode. New gameplay features in FIFA 22 give you more consistency between the posts with a goalkeeper rewrite that brings more composure to the most important position on the pitch, alongside new ball physics, explosive sprint that better matches the acceleration of the game’s quickest players, and new attacking tactics that let you take control of how your team plays. In Career Mode, live out your football dreams as you create and manage the game’s newest club to glory. VOLTA FOOTBALL rewards you for your flair with restyled small-sided gameplay and new ways to play and progress each season. Get the squad together in Pro Clubs with enhanced team customisation and updated progression that puts you in control of your Virtual Pro’s development, and welcome back some of football’s most memorable players as new FUT Heroes in FIFA Ultimate Team™ with a redefined competition structure that makes testing your skills against other players more accessible. However you play, enjoy unrivaled authenticity everywhere with over 17,000 players, 700+ teams, and more than 30 leagues including the UEFA Champions League, CONMEBOL Libertadores, and the brand new UEFA Europa Conference League - only available in FIFA 22.
Reimagined gameplay creates fundamental advances that you’ll feel across every mode in FIFA 22. A goalkeeper rewrite brings more composure and consistency to the most important position on the pitch, new ball physics reimagine every pass, shot, and goal, and explosive sprint lets you feel the acceleration of the game’s quickest players.
- Goalkeeper Rewrite - A brand new goalkeeper system brings a new level of intelligence to the last line of defence, unlocking more reliable shot-stopping and smarter decision-making between the posts. In FIFA 22, goalkeeper positioning personality replicates the different styles of keepers throughout the game - to represent the lightning-fast reflexes of world-class shot stoppers.
- True Ball Physics - Real-world data imported into FIFA 22 takes the game’s ball physics to a new level of realism. Tuned parameters including speed, swerve, air drag, air resistance, ground friction, and rolling friction mean every touch, trap, shot, volley, pass, and dribble will look, move, and fly like the real thing.
- Explosive Sprint - A new gameplay mechanic that changes the dynamic of one-on-one situations, Explosive Sprint gives you more control over acceleration when dribbling or defending. Lure opponents in and choose when to unleash your full speed to get away from the defender as you drive your team forward in attack.
- New Attacking Tactics - New Attacking Tactics give you more control over how you want your team to play. Set up your team with different styles in each half of the pitch: keep the ball in your half and explode into attack with fast build up in the opponent’s, play direct from box to box, or line up in your own unique style.
Live out your football dreams in FIFA 22 Career Mode as you create a club and lead them from relegation candidates to global giants, and enjoy an overhauled Player Career experience that gives you more ways to progress, achieve, and immerse yourself in your Pro’s journey through the game.
More information on new Career Mode features coming soon.
VOLTA FOOTBALL returns with more flair all over the pitch and new ways to express your style and connect with your squad in street football playgrounds all over the world.
More information on new VOLTA FOOTBALL features coming soon.
Build your dream squad and compete in the most popular mode in FIFA, with thousands of players to add to your club and countless ways to customise your Club on and off the pitch. Whether you want to play on your own in Squad Battles, together in FUT Co-Op, Online in Division Rivals, or against the best in FUT Champions, FIFA Ultimate Team™ (FUT) connects you to the world of football throughout the entire season with a range of content influenced by real-world performances and competitions including the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, and CONMEBOL Libertadores.
FIFA 22 Ultimate Team redesigns how you compete in Division Rivals and FUT Champions to create a more accessible way to test your skills and progress against other players, gives you even more ways to make your club your own with new depths of customisation both on and off the pitch, and introduces FUT Heroes - the return of some of football’s best-loved players.
- FUT Heroes - Celebrate some of football’s most memorable players with FUT Heroes, new items that represent the unforgettable moments that made them fan favourites. Whether it’s Robbie Keane lifting the League Cup in 2008, Diego Milito’s brace in the 2010 UEFA Champions League final to cement an Inter treble, or Mario Gomez’s goal to set up his team’s 2007 Bundesliga title victory, FUT Heroes offer new squad-building opportunities with league-specific chemistry and a chance to recreate the nostalgic moments that earned them a place in the squad of FUT 22 Heroes.
More information on new FIFA Ultimate Team features coming soon.
With new customisation options to make your club stand out in the stands and on the pitch, a new player growth system that puts you in control of your Virtual Pro’s development, and streamlined social play that makes it easier than ever to find your next game, it’s time to get the squad together for a new season of Pro Clubs.
More information on new Pro Clubs features coming soon.
Experience unrivaled authenticity in FIFA 22 with the most true-to-life experience of The World’s Game featuring football’s biggest stars and teams. With 17,000+ players across 700+ teams in more than 90 stadiums and over 30 leagues, FIFA 22 is the only place you can play the iconic UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, brand new UEFA Europa Conference League, CONMEBOL Libertadores, CONMEBOL Sudamericana, Premier League, Bundesliga, and LaLiga Santander.
Publisher: Electronic Arts Inc.
Developer: EA Vancouver & EA Romania
Street Date: October 1, 2021
Rating: Rating Pending
No of Online Players: 1-22
No of Offline Players: 1-4