Cities: Skylines is a modern take on the classic city simulation. The game introduces new game play elements to realize the thrill and hardships of creating and maintaining a real city whilst expanding on some well-established tropes of the city building experience. Constructing your city from the ground up is easy to learn, but hard to master. Playing as the mayor of your city you’ll be faced with balancing essential requirements such as education, water electricity, police, fire fighting, healthcare and much more along with your cities real economy system. Citizens within your city react fluidly, with gravitas and with an air of authenticity to a multitude of game play scenarios. Parklife is a playful new expansion, making your city more alive with new amusement parks, nature reserves, city parks and zoos, and giving new life to your empty land with custom parks and gardens. Parklife adds new ways to play, with the introduction of a new park area tool and level-up features that increase your parks property values, along with five new maps and a ton of assets in play.
- Build the city of your dreams: Bring on a smog-filled industrial revolution or create a quiet beach town ideal for tourists powered by renewable energy. Build it your way!
- Multi-tiered and challenging simulation: Playing as the mayor of your city, you’ll be faced with balancing essential requirements such as education, water electricity and much more, along with your city’s economy.
- Extensive local traffic simulation: Managing traffic and the needs of your citizens to work and play will require the use of several interactive transport systems.
- Districts and policies: Be more than just another city hall official! Create a car-free downtown area, assign free public transport to your waterfront, or ban pets in suburbia.
- After Dark included: Watch your city become an entirely different place at night: a day-night cycle will have your citizens seeking out places to unwind after work.
- Use the new park area tool to create park districts wherever there is empty land, and new city services like Park Maintenance, which boosts happiness and effectiveness and helps level up parks.
- Customize your city with new buildings and assets, including a new sightseeing bus line, new service buildings, new unique buildings like amusement parks, nature reserves, city parks and zoos.
- Customize routes and set ticket prices for new walking and sightseeing tours, among other tourism enhancements.
- Take on three new city policies and eight new park policies.